Please note that Bursary Program applications are now closed.
The Bursary Program is a system that provides selected delegates from developing countries to obtain financial assistance to cover part of their expenses, allowing them to participate in the IFA 13th Global Conference on Ageing. The Conference Organising Committee would like to acknowledge the support of The Brisbane City Conference and Accommodation Bid Fund (administered by Brisbane Marketing) and Tourism and Events Queensland for supporting this program.
Expenses covered by the Bursary Program
The Bursary Program can cover the following expenses:
- Registration fee to participate at the IFA 13th Global Conference on Ageing
- A proportion (or all) of air travel costs
- Ground transportation from the airport to the hotel in Brisbane, Australia
- Accommodation (from 21st – 23rd June 2016)
- Meals included in the Conference registration fee
The following expenses are not covered by the Bursary Program:
- Any cost related to procuring a visa
- Ground transportation in the country of origin
- All personal expenses during your stay at the Conference
The following must be met for any individual to be eligible:
- At least 18 years of age on 21st June 2016
- From a developing country
- Requires financial assistance to attend the Conference
Please note that preference will be given to individuals who:
- Do not have the financial means to pay the totality of the expenses
- Are recommended by a partner organisation of the event that is related to the goals of the Conference
- Are a presenter at the Conference
- Reside in locations other than Canada, United States of America, Western Europe, Israel, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
COTAQ and IFA will ensure diversity of opinions and views are demonstrated at the IFA 13th Global Conference on Ageing by choosing delegates from the maximum number of developing countries.
COTAQ and IFA will not be held responsible for any Visas refused by Australian authorities.
Deadline for submission is: Monday 1 February 2016
- Applicants must complete the BURSARY PROGRAM APPLICATION FORM.
- Please ensure the submitted application form is complete and all the information is correct. Any false information in the application will result in rejection of the request.
- The application form must have been received no later than Monday 1 February 2016 at midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time to be accepted.
- All decisions of the Bursary Selection Committee are final.
- Applicants that have been selected will be notified via email within 3 weeks following the submission deadline.
- All applicants must have a valid passport and, if necessary, must apply for a VISA to Australian authorities.
- All information submitted will be kept confidential.
- Bursaries are not transferable to another person.
- Bursaries are not redeemable in cash.
- The bursary will be deemed null and void in the event that the participant cancels his or her registration for the Conference.
- The Conference Bursary Program will cover a part of the applicant’s expenses but it cannot cover all the expenses for the event.
After the deadline (Monday 1 February 2016), the Bursary Selection Committee will review all applications. Applicants who are selected will be contacted within the 3 weeks following the submission deadline date. The selected applicants must provide proof that they are able to travel to Australia before the full benefits of the bursary will be awarded. Should a VISA be required, the applicant must provide proof that she or he is allowed entry into Australia. Please click here for further VISA information. If required, selected applicants can request a letter confirming their successful bursary program application from the Conference Organisers.
For any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the Conference Managers via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +61 7 3226 2800.
Join our mailing list
Call for Late Abstracts
Author registration deadline (First Call for Abstracts)
Saturday 30 January 2016
Author registration deadline (Late Call for Abstracts)
Tuesday 22 March 2016
Early bird registration deadline
Tuesday 22 March 2016
Tuesday 21 - Thursday 23 June 2016
Sponsorship & Exhibition
Expression of Interest Form
Arinex Pty Ltd
ABN 28 000 386 676
S3, The Precinct
12 Browning Street
West End QLD 4101
Tel: +61 7 3226 2800
Fax: +61 7 3226 2899